Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Just some thoughts


I was in the shower last night praying and musing about some things that had been going on in my life. I spent some of the time stressed thinking about work that needed to be done and responsiblities that needed to be fulfilled. And I suddenly felt as if it were all hopeless and that I was going to fail. But then I said a prayer and thought again. Was it really as bad as I had always said it was? Was I really that unfortunate? And I soon began to think about the blessings that I had already been given by God and was dumbfounded about how much my murmuring and complaining was making me miserable.

Like the Israelites in the desert, I wanted more than what I needed. And so I griped to whomever I could possibly find and in turn left a dark cloud hovering over my head. And as I was standing in the shower, the shampoo falling down my forehead and into my eyes, I realized that those small irritations I was blowing out of proportion were just that, small. These minimal issues I was dealing with really was nothing to complain about.

So I have given myself a new goal. I want to try to stop complaining and murmuring and to take what life and God brings my way. So, I am starting by praying and spending time in God's word.

No comments: